Since 1884, Eureka Homestead has been providing sensible and progressive savings and mortgage options to the Greater New Orleans community.
Eureka is a community based savings and loan. Our success is built on over 135 years of being a community partner and leader in the Greater New Orleans area.
Eureka offers traditional deposit products including passbook savings accounts and certificates of deposit, as well as loan products. Our team of mortgage associates can help to find you the best available mortgage lending programs and work with you to assure the highest rate of approval with respect to your current situation. We look forward to meeting you and assisting you with your financial needs today and in the future.
- December 2nd, 1884 – The day it all started.
- Captain Eugene May was the 1st President.
- Our 1st office was located at 138 Gravier in New Orleans.
- Our startup capital was $500,000 with 1,000 shares @ $500.00 a share with a maximum of 10 shares.
- January 11th, 1965 – The 2525 Canal St. location was opened.
- Eureka was the first homestead to have an auto teller – now called a “drive-up” teller.
- May 3rd, 1977 – The Grand opening date for the Veterans office was held.
- August 1st, 2002 – Eureka became a Federal Savings Bank.
- July 9th, 2019 – Eureka converted from a mutual to stock savings association.